NDOC participation in the Launch of website: T1 Warriors by Fortis CDOC
On the onset of the World Diabetes Day 2018, National Diabetes Obesity and Cholesterol Foundation (NDOC) and Fortis C-DOC Hospital, New Delhi had organized “T1 Warriors Support Group Get Together” . a group for people with Type 1 Diabetes,. The event was held at Hotel Shervani, Chirag Enclave, near Fortis CDOC hospital, New Delhi on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
The event was initiated by Dr Amrita Ghosh powered by Dr Ritesh Gupta and the team of Diabetes Educator both from Fortis CDOC hospital and NDOC foundation. This event was organised under the leadership and guidance of Dr (Prof) Anoop Misra, Executive Chairman, Fortis C-DOC Healthcare Ltd.
This event was attended by about one hundred people that included children and adolescents who are undergoing treatment for type 1 diabetes, their family members, researchers, social workers, dietician and doctors. The major highlight of this event was a complete health checkup for persons with type 1 diabetes that included measuring Height, weight, BP, BMI, glucose test, HbA1c, eye check- up, foot examination, Dental checkup. It was very encouraging to see that Children and adolescents were openly sharing their diabetes status and the treatment they are going on from Fortis CDOC. The event also had some wonderful, educative and interactive sessions, these were:
- Dr Ritesh Gupta (Diabetologist & Endocrinologist). on ‘Importance of Good Glycemic Control’.
- Dr Amrita Ghosh (Diabetologist & Endocrinologist) took session on ‘Recent concepts in new technology in Diabetes’.
- Ms Bhavya (Nutritionist and Diabetes Educator) took session on‘What is Healthy Fats’?
- Ms Tanvir Ali (Psychologist) on ‘Ways to Manage Stress’.
- Koel, Aanchal & Nidhi (Nutritionist and Diabetes Educator) demonstrated Protein snacks.
Thereafter, Zumba session and the Games were organized for the attendees and prize distribution was also done for the winners of the games.
Last but not the least, this event demonstrated how type 1 Diabetes patients faces challenges in their day to day life and how the role of doctors and health educator help them to manage and overcome with the difficulties.