Centre for Public Health
Center for Public Health is a subsidiary unit of National Diabetes Obesity and Cholesterol Foundation (N-DOC) under the Chairmanship of Prof. Anoop Misra.
To create enabling environment for better health for the community through sustained efforts
To widen the concept of healthcare from prescription for individuals to the prevention of diseases for communities
Doctor interacting with patients in Seemapuri in East Delhi
Diabetes patients getting treatment in Jahangirpuri West Delhi
Stakeholders meeting on health issues with slum pradhans in Delhi
To emphasize the importance of strengthening the public health systems in India, by focusing on a holistic approach to health. This includes prevention of disease, health promotion and ensuring better quality of life for the population.
Centre for Public health (CPH) is involved in primary prevention, early detection of diseases and proper management and care of the population.
Dr. (Prof) Anoop Misra
Dr. Asha Bhatnagar
Dr. Vinita Sharma
Dr. Angeli Misra
Dr. Renu Gulati
Mr. Intazamul Haque
Team Leader Mobile Van
Mr. Shamshad Ahmad
Mr. Ashok Kumar Gaur
It is committed to strive for :
- To conduct surveillance and monitoring of the health of communities and populations at risk to identify health problems and priorities.
- To be involved in process of access of the population to acceptable, affordable and accessible health for the population
- To evolve and formulate public policies designed to solve identified and perceived local and national health problems and priorities.
- To conduct evidence based quality research
- To strive for prioritization of national health priorities
- To evolve a data bank on research and literature relating to public health issues in India
- To collaborate with foreign institutions and scientists for exchange of ideas and human resources for education and collaborative research;
- To help government, research institutions and other concerned institutions in supporting education, research and training programs, and for national programs and guidelines;
- To manage and treat with appropriate and evidence based knowledge the communities with particular emphasis on the underprivileged sections of the society
- To train doctors, paramedical workers, nutritionists, physical activity trainers, psychologists, sociologists, scientists and specialists from other disciplines to provide holistic care
- To provide a platform to take the concept of care from mere prescription to prevention, early detection and proper care and management
- It will be involved in capacity building of health care providers to gear them to tackle public health priorities
- It will conducts courses on research methodology and other related areas of doctors, para-medics other health care providers
- It will conduct public lectures and other activities to generate awareness in masses to become partners in health care
- To strive to build a multi-stake holder collaboration to raise the public health standards from grass roots of primary care to secondary and tertiary care
- To raise funds through grants, donations and collaborations.